Friday, 6 April 2012

It Begins....

Time for some ramblings....

So it was my birthday on the 26th. I had to work at 6am wwoofing in the hostel, but woke at half 5 to find that 3 of my mates had cleaned up the whole kitchen for me the night before (as a birthday present), effectively giving me no work to do!
From then on the day only got better......

So after a bit of a kip, I got a call from a convenience store about starting work the next day. So I have a job now!! Well it's a shit job but its a start until summer hits and better jobs are available...

ANYWAYS..

So after a bit more sleep, some lads took me out to a nice Irish pub for a few beers about half 3. When we got back (pretty tipsy) I went to my friends room because someone said they wanted to see me. When I got there, I opened the door and the whole room ( a very cramped elevator shaft) was chockas with balloons and half the hostel jumped out from behind the wall, screamed surprise and sang happy birthday to me with a birthday cake. I was speechless. After that the party started and the free shots began. I don't remember too much after leaving the hostel, but I had one of best nights ever. So big ups to the people at the Ocean Island for making it the best birthday Ive ever had... Much love.

So my birthday was my last big night here. The next day I started work (struggle town) and into routine I go.
My mate Adam and I are currently flat hunting, just need to find the right one. We've seen a few nice ones, but they get taken pretty quickly. We have a favourite pub in the Cook Village, so we want to live near there for that sole reason (and its a nice area).

The hostel is still kicking arse. The prices are going up a fair bit for summer, so everyone is moving out. There is so much crazy shit around here. From drunken Germans running around naked on the street, proposing to his girlfriend and offering to wheel her to Vegas to get married in a McDonalds wheelie chair, to alcoholics in the hostel, talking to kettles and claiming to be "The new sherrif in town".

It's been fucking awesome.

Now I have 6 days off work, and in 2 days I am heading to Seattle to see Radiohead.

Life sucks right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment